Saturday, June 9, 2012

Blogging vs. Pinterest and Super Moms


Blogging vs. Pinterest - that my friends has been my delima.  It all started last semester when I went from taking Madison to school 3-4 days a week to driving in her math assignment and the occasional testing.  It's like I was fired (gladly) from a part time job that kept me going from early morning until school pickup and afterschool activities.  So, naturally the question would be... "What ever would I do with all my new found time?" 

Honestly, the first month was spent recovering and watching TV if I am to be completely honest.  Then I spent the following month with Dance, dance, dance - costumes, shows, tryouts, etc.  Lastly, I spent a lot of time doing little home improvements.  So... here I sit with lots of thoughts and creative energy ready to be let go and my next fork in the road found me looking to one side- my blog.  I've missed being able to spill my thoughts; but I haven't missed the emotions it brings up- which of course leads to sleepless nights and grumpy mom in the morning.  And down the other road? This road I see all my friends having a blast on Pinterest turning all their creative energy into yummy meals, cute decorating projects, and of course 'the never to be topped' teacher gifts.  Oh, the delima which I faced...

My blog won!  I know the days of browsing and reading blogs has passed; but frankly, I find it cheaper than therapy and I don't have to do my hair and makeup! So, my journey begins.... AGAIN.  So much has happened in the past 6 months I can't even imagine where to start.  I will leave you with an article I was featured in for OC FAMILY about Super Moms.  DISCLAIMER: I have never claimed to be a Supermom; infact I am very honest that most days I wake up hoping for the best and going to sleep wishing for a 'do-over'.  And in the past 7 years I have spent more hours in 'timeout' or crying in my room than all four of my children combined.  The article was taken from 4 1/2 pages of typed responses- so, it is a very abbrevated short version of all the things we talked about.  I will most likely post the whole interview (in pieces) because while answering the questions I did a lot of soul searching and learned a lot about myself.

Here's the article:



http://digital.ocfamily.com/gallery/view.asp?seq=183642&path=120503171155 (PAGE 72)

http://www.ocfamily.com/t-Cover-Story-Supermoms-in-Orange-County-z4-Kari-Teague.aspx


No comments: