After watching Winn Dixie, maybe one of my favorite movies, I had a few things on my mind. One is about my cat Ella- who I will write about some day soon. She is my Winn Dixie- she is determined to have me meet everyone in this neighborhood!
Another thing the movie had me thinking about is the scene where the little girl askes her dad to tell her 10 things about her mother. It was a very touching scene- and I can't wait to read the book because I'm sure it will give us even more information about her mother.
So, I've decided to start writing 10 things about... well, whatever I think about that day. I guess I should probably start with my family members. But, I've decided to write 10 things about California (in a positive note- the good things).
So here goes.
10 things about California I like...
1. the weather of course!! I sat by the pool in the sun today- it was beautiful.
2. the amusement parks- Disneyland annual pass holder here
3. the beach
4. the different cultures (although this is probably on the list of things I don't like about California
5. the down syndrome community. It is very strong here and we have one of the best associations that has a terrific learning program!
6. Orange County Song and Dance (this also is on the things I don't like)
THIS IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!!
7. Being close to Scott's family. Although we are close in area, I wish we spent more time together.. it seems we only see them one holidays.
8. Good friends who care about our family.
9. Scott's job! This job has been both rewarding professionally and financially.
10. We are close to three temples- Newport Beach 20 mins away, Los Angeles 45 mins away, and San Diego 2 hours away.
There I did it! That was hard- I'll work on family member's later.