Monday, April 21, 2008

Close Encounters with the famous!

I know I already wrote about Weird Al, but right after I blogged it (that sounds so weird- I'm blogging) a post on Downsyn was all about famous encounters. So, here is some of what I posted.

[quote="naomid"]I'm usually crap at recognising people, but living in Santa Monica I did see a few actors - [/quote]

I'm with you there!! During the opening of the Snow White Play at Disneyland I spent 2 1/2 hours in line infront of Rosana Arquette. My girls were 2 of 100 mini Snow Whites for the opening night and I had to spend all that time waiting in line, 7 months pregnant in the rain. I didn't know it was her until we were walking the red carpet and all the photographers were yelling out to her and she stopped to take pictures. There were so many stars there- like Kristi Yamaguchi (sp?) and Micheal Eisner.

Also, one of my favorites was when I was younger and Mork and Mindy was on TV. I met Robin Williams at a play that Mindy was staring in. He is one of my absolute favorites- although now I think he may be a little crazy!

Last Christmas during our Christmas Party for dh's work we were sitting there talking with the Canadian's who were excited to go "star hunting" after dinner. I looked up and there was Bob Newhart. He wasn't tooo thrilled with all our pointing and staring.

Last but not least, anyone here watch Yo Gabba Gabba? The boys who created that show are from two local bands. Aquabats and the Moon Monkeys. My husband is the back-up drummer for the Moon Monkeys and one of my best friend's husband, Ben Bergesen, was an orginial Aquabat and helped create the Moon Monkeys. I also grew up with Boyd Terry who is also an orginial Aquabat. Anyway, during one of the band outings Scott was talking to Parker (the main creater) and told him how much Sadie loves Yo Gabba Gabba. He gave her the complete first season on DVD.

There's many more... but these are some of my favorites!

No comments: